This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal information that you provide us with, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services where we collect your personal data. We may collect data through email, forms you fill in (both paper and electronic), during telephone conversations, online, in meetings and through enquiries.
We are Robinson plc and group companies, Field House, Wheatbridge, Chesterfield, S40 2AB. We are a data Controller of your personal data.
You can contact us with regards to data protection using the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org by writing to the above address, or by going on the Contact Us section of our website.
1. What information about you do we use?
Names, Business addresses, Business telephone numbers, Mobile phone numbers, email addresses, Products and Services you have bought from us, Products and Services we have bought from you, Records of our contact with you regarding Products and services, Marketing to you, Information about your business we obtain from credit reference agencies.
2. Where do we get that personal information?
From you directly when you contact us with an enquiry, buy or products and services and when we buy your products and services.
3. What do we use your personal information for?
- Assessing a request for our products and services, including considering price, risk, payment methods and credit terms.
- Managing the provision of the goods, Order receipt, Order delivery and any other ad hoc queries.
- Managing the Ordering, receipt and provision of goods or services from yourselves.
4. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
It is in our legitimate interest to do so.
In order to provide you with goods and services and purchase goods and services from yourselves.
To comply with our legal obligations.
5. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We share your personal information with a number of other organisations:
- Credit reference agencies.
- Insurance providers.
6. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we are relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details provided above or going to the contact us section of our website.
7. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or EEA?
We’re based in the UK, but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic area. If we do so, we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
8. How do we share your information with fraud prevention agencies?
This can be explained on an individual basis by using the contact details above.
9. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records. Please contact the details above or visit the contact us section of our website.
10. Do you have to provide personal information to us?
We require certain information for the carrying out of commercial transactions. Where providing some personal information is optional we will tell you.
11. Do we do any monitoring involving the processing of your personal information?
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interest of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures, and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may only be shared for the purposes described above.
12. What about other automated decision making?
We don’t have any automated decision making.
13. How long will we retain your personal information?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations.
- For as long as someone could bring a claim against us.
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
We will maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, and destruction in the following ways:
- Storing your personal data, in all forms, in a secure environment
- Access to confidential personal data is limited to employees, contractors and software vendors who have a need to know such data in carrying out their tasks
- Security controls which protect our entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
14. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Individuals have a number of rights under data protection laws:
- The right to be informed about your processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’).
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how it is processed.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information.
15. Your right to object.
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us using the contact details above to exercise these rights.
16. What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, business address, e mail address, social media or digital channels to contact you. Where applicable we could contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting the details above.